Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Being Led to a Lifestyle Nutrition Change

So, after praying and seeking the Lord over the last several weeks and months, I have been led to make some changes in my life. Spiritually and physically. The Lord has been working on me over the past 4 months especially to start to activate my faith and attention to my physical health and diet AND to taking it to the next level spiritually.

That is why the Mingus Family has started the Daniel Fast as of July 5, 2011. This is a fast that has gotten a lot of momentum and attention lately. Information can be found easily by googling "Daniel Fast". Basically it is a period of time (usually 10 or 21 days) that a person chooses to go on a vegan diet with a few more restrictions for the purpose of going deeper with God AND for me; for the purpose of beating and driving down what Jentezen Franklin calls "King Stomach". For too long I have worked on other aspects of my life, but NOT this one. For too long I have been a slave to my stomach and hunger desires. That is why I am way overweight and limited in some of the things that I can do physically at times. With God's help... NO LONGER will I be slave to King Stomach.

So for the next 10 days or so, we will be eating only fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. We will be drinking only water during this time (preferably filtered water). Its only day 2, but the Lord has blessed up to this point.

So pray for the Mingus family as we seek the Lord more fully in our lives and ask Him for the following outcomes:

Lord help and replace: the hunger pains; the caffeine withdrawal; the sweets craving; the boredom and habit eating.

Lord help us to have a hunger for You; Your Word and Your will. Help us to surrender ALL to you.

Lord help this to be the first step of the rest of my life of better health and deeper life in Christ.

May I seek Him every morning and every moment for strength and guiding. May I stay positive, kind, loving and sharp in my dealings with family and others.

May I gain a desire for healthy foods and actions.

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment